What a year so far!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, May 6, 2004.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Whew.....dang it's busy (knock on wood). I have been picking them up left and right. Had a guy 2 days ago ask about replacing landscape timbers for his business and well, since I am on vacation next week (myrtle beach bike week) I was really trying to get everyone done so that I could go. Told him so and he was persistant. Ok, rush job right? Quoted it very high and with NO hesitation he said when can you start? 3 hours and a lot of money later I now have more to spend at the bike rally festivities. Dang, I think this is one of the best years I have ever had.

Hope you guys are doing well and may the good fortune smile upon you too!

2. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

April was my best month ever, and May is shaping up to be better than April. Looks like its gonna be a decent year. Hope everyone else is doing this well.

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm about two thirds of the way to my minimum volume to make this, my first season back in, worthwhile. I'm a bit concerned, but still getting nibbles and bites.

I'm going to be very nervous if I don't have a full boat by e/o May, though. On the other hand, I know good and well I'll make a killing come leaf season, so that helps.

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I am currently turning work down due to time constraints.

5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mark, where in northern va are you?
    I'm out here in Manassas.

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

March and up to the last week of april was very busy for me.

now its slowing down!

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Been slow here for all companies, im caught up with work.

8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had a pretty good season so far and we are almost seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We have been putting out about 500 flyers a week and the calls are starting to get less and less also. I guess everyone has already picked out their landscapers for the season.

9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Just in the last few days things have been really picking up for me. I have a handful of customers telling everyone they know about my business and I keep signing more and more service agreements! No complaints here!! This is definately my best year so far by a long shot!! Good luck to all!

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

It's been crazy for me. Been putting 50+ hour weeks which is about double from last year. 2 days ago I mowed a lawn, 45 min. job got back in the truck and I had 5 missed calls, landed 3 of the jobs that day.