What about a 32" Toro T-Bar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

What can some of you tell me about a 32" single bade Toro. I'm looking for a low cost used walk behind for a couple of slopes and back yards. I found one of these and really like the fact that I can change the height of cut without changing the frame position. The Toro T-Bars have always been some of my favorite walk behinds, but I have never tried a single blade type. I cut mostly bermuda but I do have a few st augustine that I will have to raise the deck for. Thank everyone for their replies.
  2. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

I had a 44 toro with a tbar system a couple of years ago. I got it kinda cheap ($500 bucks) from a competitor going out of the business. I couldn't resell it quick enough. I like being able to push down on the handles and lift the deck off the ground. It's especially handy when you're mowing around ditches and uneven areas. But to each their own.
  3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

bump for cut quality
  4. Rebel

Rebel LawnSite Member

Not worth it! Stay away, the machine does not have the power and the belts wear quickly. If you are going to spend money, spend it once and get a quailty machine. Try the standers, they are reasonable, you can get a 32" deck, cut a lot better. Hope this helps!

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

There are a lot of opinions here re: this Toro 'Classic' 32.
    One 32" blade just doesn't seem to me to be as effective as two 16" blades. Even if the FPM (feet per minute) is the same the (2) 16"er's will be rotating quite a bit faster making for a more effective cut, especially at higher speeds and cutting/mulching thicker/taller grass, imho.
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Don't know about the 32" but the 36"-48" cut great. The only problem I see with them is their price has gone through the roof.
  7. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

if your looking for a good cut 32" for hills i would suggest it. That single blade one scalps quite easy too.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Local dealer told me they jsut had too many problems with bent blades and spindles tore up. Now we have a lot of rock in our area but makes sense that a big long lblade could be trouble.
  9. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Woops meant not suggest it.
  10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Details, details ... lmao !!