what about aerating?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adamc6, Feb 20, 2002.

1. adamc6

adamc6 LawnSite Member

I was wondering about aerating prices. I know it's best to look at the lawn first, BUT Lets say I have a lawn that takes an hour for and you charge $35. Would a good rule of thumb be to take the $35 and Double it to $70 for an aeration. Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Adam

2. The beauty of aeration is you can charge by the sq ft with no problems.

The prices I charge, I copied them from a thread that happens to have the name "Aeration Prices"!!!!

Aeration $8.00 1000 sq/ft to 12,000
    Aeration $6.00 1000 sq/ft to 60,000
    Aeration $5.50 1000 sq/ft to 120,000
    Aeration $5.00 1000 sq/ft feet over 120,000

This is copied and pasted from my aeration spreadsheet
    My minimum charge is $72.

Here is the link;

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24374&highlight=aeration

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I do mine by sf also, but a real easy way is to multipy cutting price by 3.

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew somebody out there was charging a reasonable amount. Not 13-15/k. I don't know about you guys, but we had two rental businesses open up and aeration bus. kinda took a dive. Chiropractic industies rose though.LOL

5. Loosestrife

Loosestrife LawnSite Member
    from PA

We cannot charge this way. We can have two properties with the same square footage, however, they may have entirely different proces for plugging.

#1 may be flat and wide open, and can be done in little time with a tractor unit.
    #2 may be on a hill with lots of obstacles and requires use of a small walk unit.

The times to complete these jobs will vary greatly, as will the equipment costs.

6. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Most of our properties are smaller - so economy of scale isn't a huge issue. I multiply the properties square footage by $.012 per square foot... and then play price theory on the number. 5500 square feet would be $66.00 by the math... I might round up or down depending on how open the property is and the access issues. So bascially it's $12.00 per 1,000. We don't get many properties over the 10,000 sq ft mark.