What about Cash Jobs?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Freddy_Kruger, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Straight into the pocket?

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Straight into jail if you get caught.

3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Straight into the books just like you would if it were a check.

4. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Go for it. Cash is king. The shoebox loves cash. Just keep the shoebox in a place where kids and wife cant find it.:laugh:

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I treat cash the same as I would a check.I claim it and pay taxes on it.And if I did not..I sure as heck woulden't admit it.

6. gce_ent

gce_ent LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Cash...what cash? Nope no sir I never received anything in the form of cash. Oh the job I do not have a receivable for? It was a referal job.

7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

There are many opportunities to accept cash payments. Many customers prefer to pay in cash. Legally, you should write it up, and deposit the cash. Many disreputable business owners simply put it in their pocket, and never claim it as income, recognizing that is almost impossible for that transaction to be tracked. Other bad business people cash checks at the bank on which the check was drawn, again to avoid claiming the income.

This activity is illegal.

8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you claim income.... thats it.... trying to ge ahead in life by breaking the rules usually backfires......

9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Please don't get me started on dishonest people! You must claim all your income cash or not.!!!

10. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Since when is cashing a check at the bank it is drawn on illegal:rolleyes: :hammerhead: :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.