What about CASH???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CelticGreens, Mar 8, 2005.

1. CelticGreens

CelticGreens LawnSite Member

i am going to be paying two guys under the table this year, combined totalling $23/hour, thats like $35,000 for the year. i need to find away to hide this for my taxes? do you guys know of any little short cuts that i can use as expenses or what not to hide the 35000 im expensing for labor?

how do you guys cut corners on taxes? im not looking to cheat my taxes, but for instance i can put 20% of my income into a tax free mutual fund....stuff like that. help me out, this is only my second year and need to become more knowledgable in this category.

2. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Lovely, just lovely. Just one question, why? Why risk everything you have over something ignorant like this?

3. Call 1-800-829-4933 they can answer all your questions.

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Stupid idea dude.

Dont' even consider doing it!

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

REALLY? Sure sounds like it!!

So you are saying that paying workers under the table and "hiding" things is NOT cheating on taxes??? Well, I'm sure the IRS would agree with you! :dizzy:

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You are either a Troll, an IRS plant, or a Total Moron! As I responded to your other post on this same type subject:

There you go and all the other guys that want to admit on a very Public www Forum that I assure you also gets visits from IRS investigtors given we are a service business step right up and also admit that you grossly break the law and that you criminally falsify your Tax Report in addition so that you too can go to prison.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

And when you get caught, let us know how things are in the Big House...man :rolleyes:

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

One more thing, what happens when one of these "under the table workers" injures his/herself while working?

I imagine you won't be providing worker's comp?

9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

;) ;) ;) ;) Tell us how your visit goes in prison...

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

If your wanting to not cheat on your taxes, then do the right thing. Paying someone under the table and then trying to find ways to hide it, is definately considered cheating on your taxes. :dizzy: