What about ClaroLux?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by tdf, Jul 2, 2008.

1. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

These guys are in my state and some of the products look ok. Has anyone here used them. Any feedback would be great.

www.clarolux.com

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yeh ive used em, i think they have a great product. Very heavy, and have good light output. I dont know why i stopped using them...o yeh i like brass fixtures.

3. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

go to the web site and look for the new newletter

4. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

sorry current newsletter

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used them as well. They are about 25 minutes from my house. I think they just came out with some brass fixtures.

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Didnt see any brass fixtures, but regardless. i like their stuff.

7. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Brass spot supposed to be out July 15th. I think you need a contractor log-in and password for the site. I was able to see announcement of brass products coming soon.

Keith

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

yeh i emailed my former contact about getting a new password and such so i can see it all.

9. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

exact replicas of Cast fixtures but cast brass instead of bronze

10. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

I have had problems with their copper bullet "Venice." Their products feel strong and hardy and the people there are great. Maybe I got a bad batch of fixtures, but I have had A LOT of problems with them. I really want to work with ClaroLux but the track record I have had with their products makes me highly reluctant. Last summer I used their "Venice" for two projects for a total of about twenty fixtures. I have had five fixtures let me down with the sockets failing. The real frustrating thing about it is that ten of these fixtures are up in VERY high and hard to get places. I have had problems with 4 fixtures out of the 10 fixtures in high hard to get places. This has created A LOT of FRUSTRATION! The engineering problem with their fixture is that you unscrew the fixture, insert your lamp to a loose socket, then you screw the fixture back on. The problem is that when you screw the fixture back on sometimes the lamp can catch and the socket wires will get twisted up - excess pressure and a over time break. That is my experience with them
    ~Ned