1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What about Cub Cadet?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by emt144, Sep 5, 2004.

1. emt144

emt144 LawnSite Member

Im Ryan, 21 year old from Pryor, Oklahoma. Just starting out in the buisness myself. For now I am working as an EMT for a couple of ambulance services. But because of the low pay and long hours, Im thinking heavely about lawn care. My uncle does this professionally so at least I have someone to consult with. Anyway, right now I have a 42" cub cadet lawn tractor. For refrence its the cheapest one they make. 1600 dollars new. I have been thinking about buying one of their commercial units ( walk behind or zero). Compared to all the other ones I have looked at, these units look and feel very dependable. Very high recomendations as far as the residential units are concerned, but I have looked all over this site for a mention of cub cadet and havent found one.

Anyone like to comment on cub cadet?
  2. zpoore

zpoore LawnSite Member

me and my sisters boyfriend are in together and he has a cub RZT 22 50" cut its a home owner zero turn but it was $3000 and we needed a new mower so we got that and he has had it about 2 months now and still nothing wrong, we mow 1 full day of work. I would recommend it if you are on a budget and need a good mower but if you can afford more and do a lot of work get a commercial mower such as cub commercial or exmark etc.
  3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

This comes up a lot. For the record, Cub Cadet is made by MTD, who also owns Troy Built, White, and a few other lines. Not to mention MTD makes parts for just about every lawn mower around. They also make the Lesco mowers, although a bit cheaper than their own named models. I have 2 cub cadet walk behinds which have been running for 9 and 7 years. Excellent mowers, very tough, very dependable. Although they seem to get a lot of bad talk, which is crazy when people go on and on about how great Lesco mowers are and they are the same thing! Anyway, my 2 cents is they are just fine and I highly recommend Cub Commercial mowers.