What About Gopher Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jarradm, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Jarradm

Jarradm LawnSite Member

Well, I bought it and have been using it for a while, but really pulled about wheather I like it or not. Can anyone make me feel any better about my $400.00 I gave up. Seems the tech. support is nonexistent. I have sent several e-mails and get a general response.

2. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

they have always responded very quickly to any of my questions. No complaints here, it works great for me, but I only have about 150 clients...what problems are you having? Have you ever visited the gopher forums? I just submit questions to their tech support there, and within a couple hours usually have the answer!

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have had it for a few years now. It hasn't been updated for a while, there are several "glitches" in the program. They are spending thier time on other projects. I have gotten nowhere with them when communicating my problems. I'm told that my computer has the problem, not the program.

4. Jarradm

Jarradm LawnSite Member

I kinda like the software , but It has no way for me to keep up with my credit card customers. I don't understand the schedualing part, and i need more understanding of the chemical part. When I put someone on the inactive , I still see them on my route sheet. I don't want to accidentally spray them for free....These kinda things are general and no e-mail can resolve. I want to to talk to one of you guys and us share what we have discovered.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Like I said, there are "glitches"......The design of the program is just not refined enough to work as we think it should. Or as we would like it to work. There has been several recomendations in the past by several users but no upgrades........

6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Gopher will never upgrade their software it hasn't for 5+ years that I know of it.
    Also why you paid $400 for it las time I checked the price went down to $200 I did paid 400 many years ago tought
    And sorry you will not feel any better as times goes by you'll feel more frustrated.

7. Jarradm

Jarradm LawnSite Member

I paid something like $375.00 or so for the Pro version. Thats the only one with the chemical ability.

8. AztlanLC

When you bought it?
    Cause at their web site the price for the pro version is $199.00.

Also the chemical report is worthless for NY state since it doesn't have the ability to run a report as for DEC requirements.
    I Don't now what requirements are for TN.

9. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

gopher needs to stop making stupid movies and start worring about thier business i will be changing over shortly they have no clue they are "trying" to help us grow our business's but they have software that cant keep up with our growing business'syou would be better off having a cheap version of quickbooks than this junk.

10. AztlanLC

I really really hope gopher reads this phrase prints it gives it to whoever develops the program and a copy to those that make the stupid gopherhaul series.