1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What about surveying your customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cheesedawg1, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Just started last year with the lawn care business. I got about 20 accounts. Now I want to see what I can do to get better and make more money by seeing my strong and weak points by putting out a survey? Have you guys ever tried anything of that sort? Should I waste my time making surveys and sending all of them out to me customers? What do you guys think.
  2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I have yet to do it, but believe it to be a worthwhile idea. Just keep is short & simple, and leave a section for client comments. You may want to include a rating system on service satisfaction. Include categories such as satisfied w/ basic maint, mulching, pruning, cleanups, other services. Also include reliability, availability and promptness to retrun phone calls. These are just a few quick ones to start the ball rolling.
  3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Being a small company, and it sounds like your a solo operator, I wouldn't waste your time with a survey. YOU should know if you are doing things satisfactorily or not. Once you start adding employees you may need some type of quality feedback and a survey will help.

I did a survey my first year and they all came back how I figured they would, excellent. I knew what I did right or wrong. It's your call what you do. I guess it certainly couldn't hurt to do it. With only 20 customers it won't be costly or time consuming.
  4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

use to do it twice a year

some liked it other did not make a difference

got tired of seeing excellent checked all the time LOL