What age did everyone start their business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grass2bCut, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Grass2bCut

Grass2bCut LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site and I am very, very interested in starting a lawn mowing business. I'm 28 years old right now and was wondering at what age did everyone else start their businesses. I've got 3 kids right now and have a full time job, so I wanted to start out relatively small (mowing, pruninig, small landscape projects, etc.) Thanks

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to LS. I started the business when I was 25, about 2 years ago, shortly out of college. I've always enjoyed it and still do.

3. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, welcome to the site and the business. This is the end of my first year. I was 42 when I started it. I decided on a complete and total career change.

4. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I started out when I was 29. I had a wife and 2.5 kids, a full time job, and a part-time one. I have since lost the wife, and 1.5 kids. But, I still have mowing. Could be worse. I'm happy.

5. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

i started last year when i was 17. im still not fulltime yet but have been learning alot about how to do it right and i plan on doing that for at least a few more years down the road

6. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

i started when i was 11.

7. grassnazi1

grassnazi1 LawnSite Member

First real year as a business and I am 31. So much better then fixing cars for a living!

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I started at 12, went legit at 18, Im 23 now. I manage 50 accounts and am a Fulltime FireFighter.

9. Harshman

Harshman LawnSite Member

Started this year at 39. Wish I would have started many, many, many years ago.

10. scalpit77

scalpit77 LawnSite Member

I started at 24. I am 30 now. I have a full time job and manage 15 accounts on the side.