What am I going to do all day now?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caseysmowing, Nov 15, 2012.

1. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Well the boss man unhooked my Internet from my CNC machine yesterday. So now I have to stand here and watch it run for 2-3 min a piece. Now I really want to quit my job! It takes forever to look around and type on my smart phone. It was good while it lasted and I guess I can't complain about it because without it I would have had a lot harder time getting my biz started. I'll still be around just not as much. Thinking about getting in the cabinet and hooking it back up one day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Aw gee, man, that is tough!:rolleyes:

3. caseysmowing

I know I know! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Running a CNC while playing on the inertnet is like texting on your phone while driveing. Your lucky you still have a job. I never had internet for my CNC and I survived. Maybe you need to change your job skill and get a job where you have to work the internet every day.

5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Never ceases to amaze me either.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Quit the day job and go lawn and landscape full time that'll take care of that 'free' time.

7. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

What's a CNC?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. caseysmowing

It's a pretty basic CNC just ID and face grinder. Once you hit the start button you have 2 min before you change parts. It makes for a long boring day except for being able to look on LS most of the day and learn the biz I wAnt to do full time. But not anymore, I just stand here and watch it run. I'm hoping one more year before I can do lawn care full time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Your job must pay peanuts to run the machine.

10. caseysmowing

Base Pay no OT is a little over 40k in rural area. Right now a lot of people would kill for my job. That's why I'm stI'll here and I've paid off about 25k worth of equipment this year. Maybe peAnuts other places but not where I live.
    Posted via Mobile Device