what an estimate!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Aug 1, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ok, so I go to do an estimate for a lady yesterday. She wants all of her pines pruned up, all pine needles and leaves raked up (there is A LOT of needles), bushes pruned, shrubs cut down, and piles of debris (leaves, grass, stumps, garage, etc) hauled away and cleaned up by Labor Day because that is when he family is coming up to visit.

I wish that I would have taken some pictures of this. I still have to call her up today to give her an exact estimate price, but I already told her that the disposal fee alone is going to be close to $900, more than any of the services put together.

Anybody else have it where the disposal is more than the services offered???
  2. MoCut1

MoCut1 LawnSite Member

How many hours are you looking at?
  3. tiedeman

from earth

6 hours with 2 guys
  4. Lakeside

Lakeside LawnSite Member

900 disposal fee? are you shipping it to Europe?
  5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

**** I'd probably be able to do the job for $900.00

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

@#$%$# $900.00 in dumping fees?!?!? Man!! You might as well invest in your own chipping & screening plant the rate your going! :eek:
  7. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

18 yds per yard is what we charge....I would love to see 50 yds of debris hauled away from a trim job.
  8. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

18 yds per yard? I'm confused.
  9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

$18 per yard maybe??!

$900 sounds nice! Do you have to pay dump fees or is it all drive time/load time and PROFIT!!:cool:
  10. tiedeman

from earth

drive time, load time, unload time, and the fact that I dump it on my property. I figured between 10 to 12 trips for debris