What and Why Exmark over Ferris

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DTD, Apr 1, 2003.

1. DTD

DTD LawnSite Member

I am in the market for walk behind mowers and ZTR mowers. Ferris has a really good looking mower with there suspension. Love that dual hydro belt. Convince me why I should go Exmark over Ferris

Guy trying to get ahead!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

DTD,

Thanks for the post.

Why Exmark instead of the other guy. First I'd recommend you demo the two machines on one of your properties. Compare the quality of cut, compare the discharge quality and dispersal of the clippings. Demo the two machines with mulch kits if you like. We generally get pretty good scores in the are of quality of cut. Buy the one the leaves the lawn looking the nicest and doesn't require double cutting to make it look nice.

The suspension machines often suffer from the same issues as the pivoting axle machines. I did a search in the Exmark forum and found a thread that might help. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=33784&highlight=suspension

It all comes down to which machine leaves the lawn looking the best, keeps your customers happiest, spends the least amount of time in the shop, returns from the shop the quickest and keeps the operator the most productive.

As far as the "dual hydro belt" I'm not sure what youÂ’re referencing. If you could give a few more details I may be able to help. E-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com and I'll see how we compare.

Thanks

Terry