What are good prices just started out

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sdelorey494103, Feb 28, 2007.

1. sdelorey494103

sdelorey494103 LawnSite Member
    from Capecod

I just started a buisness a year ago and need some advice on what prices i should look for.

I want to know any opinions on what you should charge and hour for basic mowing and maintence. I would also like an idea on how much would you charge for a yard of mulch to deliver it and spread it...not considering the gas?...(Capecod)

Any advice on tools, what i should do to my 3.4 toyota to make it more powerful, and especialy business, prices.

Thank you for anyone who can help me out

2. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

We charge $80 per hour for most work (2 man crews), higher if it is skilled labor, but we do have a pretty low overhead you need to calculate yours to see what you need to charge...

We charge $65 per yard for mulch, for dyed shredded hardwood, installed, plus a $25 delivery fee, unless it is for more than 4 yards, then it is free delivery.

The 3.4 engine will pull a 6x10, 6x12 with 5 yards of mulch or so fine, we had a 3.4 tacoma until last year and it worked just fine, but it was a 5 speed and we wanted to go all auto so our employees can drive everything. I wouldn't tow a huge trailer, or 10 yards of mulch with it though. We replaced it with an 02 powerstroke, but the toyota was a good truck, I wouldn't worry about adding power to it...

Get commercial grade tools and equipment even if you have to finance it, they will pay for themselves in the long run, and go with whatever brand your local dealer carries so they can fix something if it breaks.

Good luck!