what are my machines worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Apr 7, 2004.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Im looking at some options, and want to know what you would value my equipment at:

2000 48" exmark metro 14 kaw, ~800 hours
    2000 48" wright stander 18 vanguard, ~1730 hours

both have service records and have been maintained meticulously (ps, PM an offer if you want one/both of them)

2. MacLawnCo

back to the top

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

not much I suspect. Exmark has a low resale value, and although you probably cared well for them, it might be tough.

4. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

MacLawn are you getting out of the biz?

5. MacLawnCo

Sometimes, ahem.. often, i wish i was, but no not this year.

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Jason - if your machines have been kept well, don't count out independent dealers always looking for good equipment....and if you are looking to swap, some dealers will show you the value right from the book....

chevyman1 - just curious, what experience do you have with selling/reselling exmark mowers?

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

well sean...in my market, if exmark has a low resale value they would just give any other used mower away! :eek:

GEO

8. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. MacLawnCo

Im really surprised at the (lack of) response to this post. Hoping this will get some responses.

Im looking for $1500 for the metro, $2500 for the stander. Both have side catchers, extra blads, and whatever preventative maintenance stuff i have for them in my tool box. My emphasis is on selling the stander, so please comment on that if you are so encllined. Reason for this sale is a shift in my type of accounts and the 48"s arent getting it done fast enough. Please comment if im high, low, or unreasonable in my prices.

10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I think $1500 for the metro is very high. The machine Is only $2500 new. Id think you could get more like $1000-1200 for the metro. The stander Im not sure about....dont have much experience with them.