What Are My Options

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Martin Lawn, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Martin Lawn

Martin Lawn LawnSite Member

Forgive the newb question here but this is my first year in the business and I'm hesitant to go forward applying chemicals to lawns without some advice. I have a handfull of residential properties that seem to have a real problem with clover and foxtail and some other wild grasses, they haven't been treated since I just recently took these properties over and I wanted to find out what my options were. I normally would use a granular but with the high temps 90 plus and no end in sight I was considering some sort of broadleaf herbecide diluted 20% or more than the normal mix and was thinking of spot spraying these troubled areas. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure what the best approach is to these weeds with these high temps. Thanks
  2. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

3. Martin Lawn

Martin Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link, does one normally sign up for the offered classes or do most self study? Also as far as the training materials that are available for purchasing, would I need to purchase every one of them? Wasn't sure which books contained information that would be in the test should I decide to get the license, didn't want to purchase a bunch of manuals that I wouldn't use. Thanks