what are my trimmers worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i have 3 pices of sthil equipment i'm trying to sell, the first is a sthil fs90r weed wip, i bought it in july of last year its been used maybe 8 times, the second is a sthil fc95 stick edger used maybe 2 dozen times, and last is a br600 leaf blower has about 50-60 hours on it. theres nothing wrong with the equipment i'm just not a big fan of sthil and i'm going back to shindiawa. so what do you guys thing this stuff is worth
    thanks
    alex

2. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

how much i love stihl ive never had a problem i had shin blower bf the br550 and its still ticking 10+ yr

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Used handheld equipment is not worth much. Even if it has only been used a few times, no one believes it. Thats pretty much a standard sales pitch for anything.

I would put them in the paper for about half what they cost new, and sell them to someone just starting out. Most established guys are not going to buy used.

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I tried selling my stihl stuff also to go back with redmax for all my handhelds, but nobody wants to give you much for it. I think you could sell the trimmer for $200 the edger for $275 and the blower for $350. You can get a brand new fs90r for 299!!!

5. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I won't pay a penny more than half the original price. FS90, I saw it for $249 on sale.

Gas engine, you don't know how people use and maintain them, if they take the guard off!!!! And yes, S Man!!!! Your secret is out!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

These are not the most expensive stuff in the world. I would not buy used. If I get a super deal, I'll just take it apart to play with.:waving:

6. S man

What secret is out???

7. yungman

from Calif.

You take the guard off to let the string come out longer!!!:waving:

8. S man

Oh yeah? Well not anymore. I decided to put them back on for safety and for the engine and clutch lasting longer. I'm getting tired of rocks and debris hitting me in the face!:dizzy:

9. yungman

from Calif.

I just remember a good way to get the max. money selling your trimmer. Go on EBAY. Ebay is a SUCKER MAGNET!!!!! People get all confused in the middle of the bidding war and they lost track of the value and bid high a lot of times just for the joy of bidding. If you don't mind doing the packaging ( which you can charge for shipping and handling) That will be a good way to sell your trimmer.

As pratical and tight wart as I am, I had been a sucker on ebay myself. Just because I want the old gas power control line WWII model airplane, I bid over $100 for an old plane which was selling for $29.99 new when they were still in production before. I bid and bought on old trimmer engines and few I paid good money for it.
    They do have old trimmers, follow a few of them and see how much they can sell for, then you can determine whether it worth your while to sell your trimmer there.:waving:

You will find out on ebay bidding, the price stay pretty much unchange until the last minute, that is when the action pickup. I had seen price double in the last one minute. I always type the price in and don't hit the enter button until the last 10 seconds!!!!:laugh: So follow a few of the trimmers until the end of the bidding and look at the final sold price, don't get discourage seeing how low the bidding price while they are still active even down to the last minute.