What are some edging options?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Royalslover, May 22, 2008.

1. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone list for me all the different edging options? I can only find vinyl and steel. Are there options besides curbing and some kind of rock?

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

You've got it. The only thing else I can think of is a simple cut edge. Vinyl, never in my life will I install it. Aluminum if you can find it. Bricks and stones need to be mortared in. Timbers are worthless in 4 years. There is also Flagstone that is used for walls (rectangles) that I've also used in installs. I can't think of anything else.

Get creative, whenever your out and about, look at different items from different places. One time I found stone window sills from a masonry company that I was able to use. Originality sets you apart.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

i think the steel is the nicest looking. stone looks good but gets ugly quick and trimming around it hurts and or breaks windows... ive done both

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

go with aluminum from Curv-Rite. We use it a lot on our higher end installs. Doesn't rust, very flexible, and strong as heck. It also comes in multiple colors besides plain old silver. No need to edge those beds again.