What are some of the most valuable things you have got from this site

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ron Greenwood Jr, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Ron Greenwood Jr

Ron Greenwood Jr LawnSite Member
    from IL

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

That you don't take everything you read here as gospel ;)
  3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I can't even begin to explain, all is so valuable. Thanks to everyone who posts.:D
  4. Southpaw

Southpaw LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

So true, Harry! Oh, man that was funny. ;)

Most important by far is the search link on this site. It is a virtual libary of millions of items that range from practical to bizarre. Type in anything that comes to mind and watch what happens. An almost infinite vault of facts, fables, opinions, politics, current events, or just plain humor.
  5. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

just about everything,

1 professionalism.
    2 confidence.
    3 right from wrong.
    4 how to make money.
    5 how to save even more.

When I first started visiting here it was more for enjoyment and to pass the time, now I treat this place like another business tool or piece of equipment and try to utilize it to the max to make my business better. Because of LS, I am busier than I would have ever dreamed, making money,so much (part time) that I am planning on quitting my other full-time job after next season. In three years I went from anybody can cut grass and what the h@ll its only grass mentality, to winning HOA yard of the month awards, compliments instead of complaints, monetary tips, and just the other day one customer had a plaque made to hang on my office wall stating how appreciated the quality of my business was. My goal anymore when I visit here is to try and find at least one thing that will help me make more money, save more money, or save more time. I could go on and on about this site, but I have learned here, time is money, so I gotta go, Marc
  6. I learned how very little I really knew about lawn care. And I'd been doing commercial lawn care for almost 30 years.

It would be hard to choose one particular thing because you peoples' information has affected every decision I've made since the day I first logged on.

Maybe double blades was the best.

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

The knowledge, and leverage, to tell my insurance company to try again, when they tried to double my cost this year. What do you know, they found a way to drop the price.
  8. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

machinery probs i learn and help If can
  9. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

All to correct. You never believe anything you read on the Internet with-out double or even triple checking other sources or opinions.
    That being said, this site has also been a wealth of knowledge for me and I have pulled many good ideas from it. You just have to learn to read between the lines. ;)

:) :)

10. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Way back to the days of Eric ELM when I learned to grind leaves up first then bag the small pieces left over. Lawnsite gave me the confidence to cull out cheapos and price my services for what I want to make not what the customer wants to pay. When I was new I tried to get every job I could . ONce I was established LS showed me that you have to step out and raise those prices and move up the food chain of customers.