what are some of the things that help you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blaster822, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Blaster822

Blaster822 LawnSite Member

what are some of the things that help you in cutting grass,trees and is their some sort of way to seed a lawn and what does it mean when the grass is lite green or dark green or why you might get lite and dark green strips in a yard.

thanks you all

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

What are some of the thing that help you cut grass?
    1. A decent mower that is built for the type of property you are cutting.
    2. Sharp blades.
    Seeding a lawn lawn?
    1. I would use a spreader, either push or one that attaches to your mower.
    Why do you get lite and dark stripes in grass?
    1. Stripes come from bending the grass in a certain direction. The sun reflects off the bent grass and gives the effect of stripes in the grass.

Hope this helps

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

you've been doing this 6 years (since you were 11...) and you haven't put 1 and 1 together that the grass is a different shade depending on which way the pass was made?

as for seeding, rent/buy a broadcast seader unless its under 200 square feet, then i'd just do it by hand. Keep the soil moist by watering 3-5 times a day for 10-15 minutes per watering.

4. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

using the search function on this site.

and pj....

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

You need to stop these redundant postings and use the search function. Are you starting these threads just to see them pop up on your monitor.

6. Blaster822

Blaster822 LawnSite Member

about the grass i have not cut it for 1 week but the grass is stal light green

7. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

This time of year, I'll take ANY shade of green! It's still brown here! Are you for real???

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

The dark and light green stripes could be the result of fertilizing unevenly.

9. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Sharp tools and blades.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Seriously, dude...use the "SEARCH" function , there is A LOT of information in this site in past and present forums on all topics imaginable.Get a little more well informed ?, and maybe everyone would stop rippin' on you so much.:confused: