What are the best trimmers you guys have had over the years?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Holland, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

had a T25 and wasn't able to locate a new carburetor,they seemed to lay down every few years on me to the extent of no being rebuildable and EPA restriction laws on the manufacture engines . So I bought a Robin instead and now they're forbidden from being sold in the US:cry: EPA:hammerhead:

2. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah looking for a couple fs80 stihls and some of the older echoes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is real simple the best all around units are the 2 stroke trimmers that have both a low and high needle on the carb. They last longer and easier to fix and parts are less expensive. Oh and one company makes it hard by keeping their parts list secret.

4. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Echo is the only way to go IMO. last summer i bought a couple Husqvarna trimmers and during the hottest days of summer, those things wouldn't want to run at all. unless you kept them full throttle, they would always die out.

5. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i am so done with sthil for the reason that they wont allow parts sales on line. even the parts lists are a state secret.

7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

In terms of longevity and raw power, Stihl FS-100rx
    And in terms of bang for the buck, Husqvarna 128LD

Oh, I'm switching myself for that same reason but their tools last a long time, it is possible I will always have Stihls in my arsenal.

8. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

I miss my old FS85, was my first trimmer that I garbage picked. I really like Stihl equipment, the online support really doesn't bother me, my dealer that I use and sells parts is amazing (as they been in business for years, and their staff is very knowledgable and not just with stihl products). As long as you know what model number it is and a general idea of what its not doing correctly, they can get you the correct parts 9 out of 10 times.

9. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Kawasaki 27A. Im dreading the day I have to buy something different!

10. joemower

joemower LawnSite Member

Wow T25! Don't forget the T30. Man I miss those days. Lost interest in the Shindi's when EPA screwed them up though I here they are getting better again. We switched to the Redmax 2350 (now the 2351). It's their high end residential/low end commercial model but it kicks butt. Very light, powerful, and comparatively inexpensive. Also they have been extreemly reliable for us. Kind of reminds me of the old Shindi T30 but lighter.
    Posted via Mobile Device