What are the best websites to try and sell my Case CTL

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ccstrebe, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

I got 2 months before they deliver my 297c. I thought I would see if I can sell my 450CT for more than they are willing to give me for the trade-in.

Should I try ebay? Are there any specific sites for compact loaders?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

3. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

You could always try machinerytraderdotcom
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Remember to include the sales tax on top of your selling price if you sell it yourself. So your min. number should be trade value plus __% on top of that for sales tax. I sure your aware of this but it can be easy to forget when your pricing the machine yourself for sale.

I use

You could also put it on Iron Planet owner auctions. You set the min. its more safe than a regular auction but they don't get the attention I don't think the the online auction gets.
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I just realized, this guy is selling a 450CT for a 297C. This dude knows what's up! Hahaha.
  6. Johnny-CAT!

Johnny-CAT! LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i don't think you can get enough off of ebay, but you can give it a try (what are they willing to give for trade in, if we may know?) you sure know what you are doing man!!! Trading in a case for a CAT!!! ha ha ha keep up the good work!:rolleyes::weightlifter:
  7. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

The Case dealer was going to give me $30,000 but I'm not going with Case. Cat is only giving me $24,000 because they said it will be hard for them to move a brand that is not theirs.
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually I think that is open for discussion. It appeared that the cab sucked on the 06 CASE (it does). Drive to San Dog, demo CAT, order same. Series 3 demo with new cab, negative. The man obviously wants a CAT, give him a CAT.:drinkup:
  9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Stay away from Ebay and other "flea-bay" type sites, they are full of shady people, IronPlanet and those types of sites are way better and safer, they have full reports and excellent picture showing the machine's condition.
  10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

you might think of putting it in the local heavy equipment trader...