1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are the best work boots?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sclandman, Feb 7, 2013.

1. sclandman

sclandman LawnSite Member

Any recommendations on the best.. most comfortable work boot?
    Most of us are on our feet all day...
    Let me know what you think.
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I like a roper/cowboy boot style. By far best boots ive worn are Ariat Workhogs. Square toe ropers, steel toe, clean up nice. Ive worn them to dinner and my wife( aka the fashion police) didnt even realize i was wearing my everyday workboots.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know if they are the best I like wolverine:waving:
  4. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

I just need comfortable and last a season. I've been getting about 1.5-2 seasons out of wolverine. But they aren't comfortable
  5. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Like style Krazy was talking but I wear Rockies instead of ariats
  6. Curcioslawn

Curcioslawn LawnSite Member

Redwings without a doubt I got my first pair 6yrs ago an while being reluctant on spending 220 bucks on boots there worth it I'm on my third pair but that's cause my black lab loved the 2nd pair so much
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. neighborguy

neighborguy LawnSite Member

Bought my first pair of boots made by Keen last year from Duluth Trading Company (lifetime no BS guarantee) and they have been the most confortable boots I have had for a long time. I managed to destroy them in a season but will be shipping them back to company for a new pair.
  8. nismodude1988

nismodude1988 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I agree I could never find a boot that is comforting until i bought keens omg the support on your foot i could march the Appalachian trail with a Trimmer in one hand a mower on my back and pushing an aerator with the other hand without a single sore foot:cool2:
  9. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

You guys may not believe this, but a great boot for the money is the Brahma Bravo sold at Wal-Mart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brahma-6-Wide-Men-s-Bravo-Workboot/20680484?findingMethod=rr
    I was very surprised with the boot to say the least. My biggest complaint with work boots is not comfort, but the durability of the sole. When you or I are out there walking 18-20 miles a day on a lawn maintenance route, and half of the walking is on concrete, soles wear out fast. Brands like Wolverine, Timberland, and Red Wing are all top-notch, but their soles are made for softer surfaces found on the trail--not concrete. The Brahma boot has a hard rubber compound that outlasts the other above-mentioned brands (tried 'em all). For a waterproof, insulated boot with good durability--all for $35.00--that's a good buy.
  10. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I've been wearing these blundstone for the last year. So far they're holding up well. In past years I was getting about a year out of Wolverine boots.