What are the prices on these mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Apr 23, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I have a question. Im thinking that I might need new equipment next year due to the age of my equipment. How much would the below mowers be ;

Exmark Turf Tracer HP 52" Scag SWZ 52"
    17 hp pull start or electric 17 hp Kawasaki
    Kawasaki

Great Dane Scamper 52"
    17hp Kawasaki pull start

Also if I bought a mulching kit, what is the highest grass you could cut without clogging? Which kind of dual wheel sulky would you recommend works best for these 2 mowers? The only problem with the Exmark is that the dealer is like 15 to 20 minutes away and my Scag dealer is like 10.

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL, hopefully you won't be driving to your dealer so often that 5 minutes driving time makes any difference! Or, noticing your screename says "kid", is that pushing the dead mower time? : )

I haven't set foot in my Exmark dealer in three years, two on my Toros. Nothing breaks that often if you take care of them and they're new to begin with. I did order a couple of simple parts from them and had them shipped. Works nice. If one dealership was an hour or more away, then it might start to matter more.

Exmark is hard to beat on reliability, popularity, cut and mulching ability, but Scamper seems to have more intuitive and easy to use steering system. It's also shorter, but has a fixed deck vs. floating on the Exmark TT. Matters less in small sizes, but on a 52" it might affect cut quality. Ask those who have them about that. I would guess both mowers cost around $5000, real world. Pick the one you like best, don't let a few hundred bucks steer your choice.

I haven't seen anything about a mulching kit on Great Dane's website, do they have one?