What are the Top 3 Walk behinds ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJhnson Lawn, Feb 10, 2005.

1. MJhnson Lawn

MJhnson Lawn LawnSite Member

Im curious to know what are the top 3 walk behind mowers on the market today?

2. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Although I'm a newbie here, I'd have to say that question is pretty vague. Do you means in terms of units sold, which may be the only hard and fast figure, everything else will be pretty subjective....

George

3. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

First of all I can see you are new here on Lawnsite and I can probably speak for others when saying use the search feature! There are probably hundreds of threads on Walkbehinds on here.

4. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've used scag, ferris, bobcat, toro, and i like them all, i say u take care of it will last u for ever

5. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

I like the scags pretty well.

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mean statistically? Based on what criteria? Or are you asking for personal opinions? If it's personal opinions you want, there is certainly no shortage of those around here.

7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat mowers are far superior to all other brands IMO!!! Bob-Cat mowers have a quality of cut and stripe that cannot be beaten by any other brand!!! They are built like tanks!!! I have a 2003 Bob-Cat WB mower 48", belt drive, w/ 15 HP Kawi V-Twin engine and I love it!!!

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Your profile says you are 14 and been in business 5 years...junior I have been at this full time almost as long as you have been breathing and you have a VERY long way to go before you can make that claim. Period

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Just my observations, but from what I have read on LawnSite, the general consensus seems to be that Exmark and Hustler are definately two of the largest players in the walk behind market today....

Going by statistics, I know Scag would rank very high there. Scag has produced and sold massive amounts of walk behind mowers. I don't think Hustler has been making walk behinds long enough to score high in the statistics section, but they seem to rank high on the charts in today's market. Exmark has proven themselves both in past sales and current ratings.... I personally have an Exmark and I would definately buy another if/when the need arises for another walk behind (if I am buying new, if its used I consider many brands depending on how good of a deal it is).

You're going to get a lot of different opinions. Oh, and BTW, don't listen to MWKL or whatever his name is.... the only time i see him post is the exact same thing he said above. I think he works for bobcat or something.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Now...let's get back to the question at hand shall we?

There are many WB's on the market today. And they all have their good points and not so good points. What matters the most is what YOU are most comfortable with and makes you the most $$$. What else is there?