1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are you charging right now?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rvsuper, Sep 4, 2002.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

This will vary wildly from place to place around the country. And we don't necessarily charge by the hour for installs.

For irrigation repair work we charge $50 service call (just to arrive at their door) and $48 per hour. And surprisingly, I get that rate almost every time I tell people about it. I increased from $35 a year ago thinking people might balk at it. But so far, everyone's been fine with that rate. I did some "research" first with my competition, if you know what I mean, to figure out what others were charging. It seemed that the average was $45 per hour. Some were as high as $90 per hour. Only a few had service call charges.

If I am doing an install, I plan to at least make $35 per man hour. Many times we get much more.
  2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Damn cuz! I don't necessarily price per zone either. But I start with a price-per-zone formula and then increase or decrease as necessary for the individual lot. And we'll charge $1500 for the first zone, and 800-1000 for each add'l zone. $250-$350 is just freaking nuts! How can you even do that? I almost spend that in parts!
  3. Mataman

Mataman LawnSite Member

hahaaha, that's the way the ball bounces here. I think for that job I had less than 1k for materials, labor ran me in the neighborhood of $300 and took home $1100. Like I stated before I'm one of the more expensive installers in town and if I charged for estimates I'd be rich since I get undercut alot.

I get my I-20 just under $11
    and rainbird 5000's under $10

what do you guys all pay?