What are you doing these days?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Dec 13, 2004.

?

What are you doing these days

Poll closed Feb 11, 2005.
  1. Glad the season is over. Not working, Resting, being lazy, watching movies, spending time w/ family

11 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Working, but just a few hours per week. Otherwise, doing the above.

41 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. Still working 40+ hours per week.

36 vote(s)
    38.7%
  4. Not working but still getting up early and keeping myself busy and fit.

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Traveling. Spending lots of money. Playing.

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

2. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I am finishing up college....man I can not wait until I graduate....seems like it has been so long.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I only have 1 more yard cleanup to do. Most of my current work involves fixing mowers for people. People approach me all year long about fixing their mowers and I tell them that they will have to wait until the season is over before I can get to them. For some reason they do actually wait and start calling me about December 1st. Right now half of my back yard (it's a small back yard) is filled up with other people's mowers.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm doing as little as possible Jim. Period

5. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not doing much here at all, some office work and planning for next year, a few hours in the shop a week, and a few small jobs out and then I will be waiting for snow. This is kinda nice having this little break, but I'm already getting kind of anxious for spring already.

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I hear that

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure what you voted Jim, but I am sure you are still doing the regular maintenace thing. I am doing cleanups still and will finish the bark jobs I had put off till this time of year. I will still be mowing at least once a month especially if the weather stays as warm as it has. Other than that make sure all the weeds and leaves are cleaned up and other misc. Jobs that I left for this time of year.

8. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

1) I'm still finishing up final clean ups.
    2) Then it's time to contact property managers for next years bids.
    3) Getting all my paperwork into my CPA so I can give my silent partner (Uncle Sam) his cut for sitting on his butt all season :realmad:
    4) Getting my Dodge Stratus ready for sale
    5) Building a small garage for car/truck painting and bodywork

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

My response wasn't actually up there. I've been working around the shop getting snow stuff ready, and fixing equipment. I Guess it would be considered working but I don't get paid for it. :)

10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Still going with leaf clean-ups here. With a little luck, we may wrap it up in another week.