What are you doing this winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Oct 6, 2010.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

what do you do in the off season? I'll be plowing but of course that will account for a tiny fraction of the season.
  2. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Sitting on my Rear!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

bored, I would like to hear some ideas
  4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'll be moving snow as well, in December when I graduate I'll be going full time so I'll be really doing alot of thinking and planning and getting my strategies together and stuff. So it'll be an eventful winter probably for me.
  5. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

plowing and i have a lot of thing to do round my farm.work on equipment.looking for some new bulls 10 of them i sale beef on the side to some of my accounts.
  6. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

it will be a struggle between golfing and fishing, boating:rolleyes:
  7. hoping for a snowy winter
  8. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I'll be in that situation as well. Gets to be somewhat stressful at times.
  9. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a full time job, other than lawn care, so I'll be busy with that. Ideas, though, for you guys looking for something to make some extra cash: Deliver pizzas! Now, before you laugh, let me tell you, one of my employees at my full time job does this in the evenings, and he makes decent money at it, and really enjoys it. Don't let your pride get in the way of some winter cash.....
  10. minnows mowing

minnows mowing LawnSite Member

The best thing I have found for the winter is brush removal, light tree work and holiday lighting. I have not done the lighting but a guy I used to work for did and it made decnt money. As for the other stuff I am constantly booking that kind of stuff now. Just to generate some kind of income. Also I am side painting for th holiday season as well as dump runs.