what are YOU DOING to beat the gas man?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 20, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

gas in new york is expected to be $2.97 per gallon. this morning, i paid $2.74. what are you doing, to beat the gas man?

2. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

Using a stick!:dizzy:

Its 3.13 for Prem here in Lake odessa Michigan 2.93 for reg!
    I live about 3 miles from a new ethanol plant going in,,,, I wish i could convert my mowers to E-85 fuel. <----Google it

3. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

There forecasting it to be well over 3 here by them time it settles, I guess ill just up my prices some to maintain at least the same profit. Anybody tryed an off road fuel setup to avoid taxes? I know a guy that saves all his boat fill up recipts and mails them in and gets his money from tax back, last year he got like 350 back:dizzy:

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Biting my tounge and have my gas surcharge going. Not much you can do besides pay for it and grin and bear it. :)

JP

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

gas what gas i carry a hose and help myself out of bobbys truck :weightlifter:

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I just pass it along. Thats 1 more reason contracts are great, it stated that they will pay a surcharge if over $3.00 a gallon, and thats includes the trucks also. not just the few cents extra it cost to mow the yd but the cost of getting there. Also you need to figure the additional cost when giving your "free" estimates

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i expected exactly this mentality.

8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

tightening my route up was the biggest thing, tuned all the mowers and the truck up, and if it goes above $3.00 each customer will be charged an extra $5.00 per month.

9. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

dropping prices.

almost there bobby!

10. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

We got down to the river the other day to find my boat sucked dry, all 32 gallons :cry: The worst part is its kept in pretty secure enviroment, you have to have a key to get in and have to be member to have a key, theve got some unreproduceable feature to them like instead of like the mountain ridge things on the skinny part, it its got mounds and holes on the wider flat part of it, So it means it was someone from the club....:dizzy: