1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are you doing?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tthomass, Jan 16, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Those of you working........what are you doing to keep busy?

We're finishing up a privacy fence next couple of days and then a seminar. Clearing a couple acre of pine next week and sometime soon after grading and seeding. Got a patio to clean.

Got a small paver job in the works and another Cryptomeria install.

Bidding on: 8k ft2 sod install, large paver install and final grading a property after construction.

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Installing 86 24" bnbs, 250 shrubs, finish grading, and 107 pallets of sod... nice winter job! Then when we finish this job we have about 14 bnb live oaks to plant along a drive, and about 400 plants w/ 10-15 bnbs on a hillside to install.... all for the same client. This is the best winter I have ever had.
  3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Heck of a client!
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Going Nucking Futs!! Got a couple of small jobs to do and been keeping busy at the shop. Other than that, not much going on. :rolleyes:
  5. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

I've been in the shop building a toothbar and a set of rock forks for our bobcat. If you have the time, fabricating this type of stuff yourself is actually kinda fun, until you get hot sparks of metal in your damn workglove.
  6. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Ice fishing & ice fishing.l...:cool2:
  7. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I was getting ready to do a retaining wall, fire pit, and a walkway. Then the ice came. Won't be doing much into the ground thaws.
  8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'm just gaining weight
  9. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

LOL. I started jogging 2 weeks ago and trying not to eat so much. Boredom causes me to snack too much.
  10. anthonyr

anthonyr LawnSite Member

I get to work with a friend roofing! Nothing beats standing on an icy roof 30 feet high, with a temp. around 5 degrees!! I can't wait for spring!