What are you giving customer(s) for Christmas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Dec 21, 2004.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a thread for what you are getting from the customers for Christmas.

Are you giving anything to your customers other than Christmas cards?
    Are you sending something to your big money making customers?

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

all of my first year customers got cards, and some selected ones received a bottle of wine labeled for my company from a central new york winery who specializes in a holiday reisling my wife and I drink often...have already received back about $300 in cash for the holidays from customers and a lot of cards too

3. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I gave them great dependable service all year. Just having me is their present :D J/K I have done small freebies during the year for my big customers or people who send good referrals.

4. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Chevyman where did you find a company to do a bottle of wine for you? Also I gave my regular customers 5 to 10 dollars off. I got 7 new customers just for doing this.

5. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I gave all my customers a bottle of sparkling cider and a holiday card.

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i gave my customers their last bill of the season..
    i don't do any little gifts or anything. i just sent out bills to 85 accounts. that would get exspensive sending anything other then a thank you note.

7. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

not even a card? wow that's harsh man....personal attention is the biggest thing you can do to reduce your churn number each year. Wait you are a Yankees fan and are talking about too much money?!?! that's ironic! kidding man :waving:

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i did use a "candy cane" font on the bottom that said Happy Holidays..

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

nothing. no card, nothing . i did recieve tips ranging from $5-$25, a wallet, and two bottles of wine

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am not giving anything either this year except to one special customer who moved to Florida that was so good to me and my wife over the years she let us use her condo for are honey moon and gave us some things from her house when she was moving.