what are you guys charging per yard?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DandG, Apr 2, 2007.

1. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

hey im wondering what you guys are charging per yard of mulch with labor and hauling prices, pretty much everything included in your price per yard? thanks for the time.

2. mole

mole LawnSite Member

double the cost of mulch and $60.00 an hour for labor (one man labor me) if helper 60 + 20. usuall I do most by myself real big ones 10yards or more I get help

3. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

Just bid a job @ $60.00 a yard. Talked to another LCO and he does it for $35.00 a yard for his regular customers and $48.00 a yard for others that is(delivered and installed). Mulch prices range from $22.00 - $27.00 a yard depending on type and packaging (bulk vs. bags). I have not heard back on my bid.

4. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

You talked to another lco and he does it for 35 installed?? And you pay 22-27 a yard for material? HMMMM... So if he pays on average $25 on material, and he does a job that is 4 yds., he only makes $40.00 for himself? That's crazy. Barely puts gas in the truck. We get $95 - $100 installed. Oh, and we also pay $22.00 per yard for material. Your $60.00 per yard is much more reasonable.

5. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

I tried to explain the cost of picking the material up, clean up after the install, etc., but he said charging $1.00 a bag to install was sufficient for him.

6. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

yea thats nuts.. we charge anywheres from 80-100 yd, installed and I pay $12 a yd bulk 100 plus delivered to our yard... most of our clients are 20 yds +

7. mole

mole LawnSite Member

This is why we loose business, people just don't understand how to make money. People or homeowners don't want to throw mulch get dirty or mess up there brand new suv. this is why they call us. don't be stupid your time is worth a lot of money look what lawyers make, you don't see web sites calling another lawyer a lowballer. they all make the same hourly rate (just about). sometimes I wonder why I even read theses things but this one just got me mad. okeef should have read that one before he posted it under mine. he has to be kidding to drive us nuts. it's april and now I have to go salt some lots.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm getting mulch for $19 for tripple ground or $22.50 for dyed. I charge $65 a yard for current customers. $70 a yard for all others. That price does not include edging or bed weeding or anything other than mulch!

9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

80/yard purchased delivered and installed with MINIMAL weed. heavy weeding and edging extra/ $26 purchase price per yard

10. Darrin A.

Darrin A. LawnSite Member

I think you misread his post. He bid $60/yard. It was the other guy doing it for $35/yard.

I charge anywhere from $80 - $100 / yard + delivery if I can't pick it up.