What are you guys getting for putting down topsoil now?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DaddyRabbit, Mar 23, 2004.

1. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious as to what the consensus is for the price per yd or say 12 yds of topsoil raked in?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

what are you talking about? be more specific, are you talking about top dressing? in gardens? most prices are based per hourly rate of the individual company. generally between $30 and $50

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you nuts Scottie?

Give me a call...I have some work for you! LOL

4. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

My minimum rate is $70/yd. delivered and spread, but that would go up if there is not access to the site for my trailer and I would have to wheel barrow it all in. For that much dirt I would rent a Dingo if you can't dump on site.

5. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

My price would be $60.00 a yard by wheel barrow more if i need a loader of sorts.

Chuck

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

im saying general labor rate per hour. not total price, not including materials. i still dont know what he is talking about

7. Artistic Blooms

Artistic Blooms LawnSite Member

I would charge $40

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Our topsoil is $ 22.00 per yard, double screened and spreads like sand. A minimum delivery charge of $ 30.00 applies for orders up to 4 tons.5-8 tons is a $ 50.00 delivery charge, and 10 tons is 250.00 delivered and dumped within 5 miles. Dumped and spread it is $ 85.00 per yard.

9. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know but it is a lot heavier than mulch, I know that!!!!!!
    CHARGE ACCORDINGLY

10. JohnK

JohnK LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

Wow, people are actually paying $720 - $1,020 to have 12 yards of topsoil delivered and spread?

I'm curious, how long does it take you? I had 12 yards delivered and spread it with a rented tractor in about 3 hours last Friday. No access problems at all, 5' loader bucket on the tractor which made things go pretty fast.

It wasn't pretty (first time on a tractor) but it was spread out.

If you have customers paying that, great! More power to you, I'm jealous. :)