What are you guys paying for mulch?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kranker022, Apr 26, 2012.

1. kranker022

kranker022 LawnSite Member

I am just wondering what some of you guys in other areas are paying for mulch. I am located in the Northwest Ohio area and after reading some other mulch pricing threads I am seeing people claiming to pay $18-$25 for 2x and 3x processed mulch.

Our biggest mulch provider here is charging $30 a yard for double processed and $38 a yard for triple processed. Double processed in the red/brown/black is $36 a yard. This is me picking it up.. not delivered obviously.

I was checking my pricing and seeing people on here saying they charge $70-$80 a yard delivered and installed. While I can see a profit at this rate if multiple yards are being installed.. I can not see how I can make money on 1-2 cubic yard installs after paying the extra time for my help to pick up the mulch and drive to the site with only charging $70-80 a yard.

Any input? Thanks guys

2. eastportstar

eastportstar LawnSite Member

i had 5 yards of black dyed double ground delivered to a jobsite today for $142 including delivery and tax. i think they stopped selling triple ground around here. i called around the beginning of the season and they all said double ground only. i'm sure i could find it somewhere but it may just be nice double ground that they're charging extra for. non-dyed dark mulch is $109 for 5 yards delivered, $14 per yard picked up.
    BTW - i'm eastern long island, ny

3. Schuley

Schuley LawnSite Senior Member

$25 for double shred natural hardwood. Or $29 for dyed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Creative Cuts

Creative Cuts LawnSite Member

im paying 36 to 40 per yard with me picking it up, getting screwed. i know for a fact they only pay 9.00 per yard delivered by semi-load.

5. Schuley

Schuley LawnSite Senior Member

Price changes quite a bit the more you but usually... I can buy truck loads for $:-12-$15/yard
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kranker022

kranker022 LawnSite Member

creative cuts... you must be in the same ballpark as me. sounds about the same. like i said.. i understand i can get it cheaper if i am buying in a mass quantity... but for just picking it up on site myself... the 30-40 dollar charge seems high compared to everyone else.

7. Get Some...

Get Some... LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

$57.00 including tax for two yards of Coaco mulch picked up.........its more like 2.5 yards.

8. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

22 bucks with my contractor discount, then 50 bucks delivered for up to 13 yards. If i order like 50+ yards I get free delivery. That's for dyed mulch.

9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Dyed double ground here is 18 yd. Up to 20 yds over 20 yds is $15.50. Hardwood is $2 less.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

But we have 2 very very large mulch producers within 5 miles of each other and another two not much farther
    Posted via Mobile Device