What are you Lawn Care pros getting for spring and fall cleanups???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreaterMilwLawnscape, Feb 19, 2003.

1. GreaterMilwLawnscape

GreaterMilwLawnscape LawnSite Member

Thanks for coming to this post!!! I'm new at this so I was just wondering what you guys are getting for spring and fall cleanups? Any additional help would be GREAT!!!!!!
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Lots of aches and pains in this old body.
  3. GreaterMilwLawnscape

GreaterMilwLawnscape LawnSite Member

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Charge hourly, the only way to make money.
  5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Did one Monday mulch leaves clean gutters trim shrubs 2 men one hour. charge 125.00
  6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get "mantainence agreements" together and hope for the best. I also gas up all the equip and give it a few test before going out on the job. :)
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

$45 a man hour.

8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

$200 minimum. Cleanups are done with a 4-man crew. We don't charge the customer by the hour...we use an hourly rate to determine a price to present to the customer. If we finish ahead of time...great...a little behind schedule...we'll survive. Estimated enough that we rarely finish behind schedule anymore.
  9. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

Minimum $450.00 plus material @ cost + 10%. My Momma never raised a fool. She always told me if you aren't going to make money at least don't work hard at losing it. We only do about 3 or 4 for obivious reasons each year but then again that beats doing 7 to 9 for the same amount of money. If I'm expected to perform 4 or more months of what I consider routine service during the year in one day, I figure I should get paid the equivalent.
  10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

This, to me, is the only way to get ahead in life. Anyone that has done this for a couple seasons should be able to estimate quite accurately, or you are dumb as a stump. You should be able to beat the clock on 95% of the jobs or somethings wrong. If I wanted to get paid hourly, I would have remained as an employee. Charging by the hour isn't going to cut it for me. What would make me, or certainly an employee, bust a hump knowing you only get a fixed amount per hour. You shoot the customer a number, you bust butt, you are done ahead of schedule and you increased your revenue and hourly amount. You go to the next job and the next and the next and all of a sudden your making good money. This reflects in profit and profit reflects in increased employee pay and incentive, all of a sudden you have ambitious employees that know the harder they work ,the more they make! Too many people settle for just getting by. That would explain our lackadaisical workforce we all complain about.

P.S. GreaterM, good talking to you today, best of luck and keep in touch if I can possibly help you or answer a question.