What are you not putting up with this year.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KG26, Apr 1, 2013.

1. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

With it being spring it is the time for a new beginning a chance to start over, and do what you didn't do last year. What are you not putting up with this year?

Is it tardy employees?

Old gear quitting on you so are you done "fixing it" and just going to buy a brand new replacement?

Is it insane customer requests what?

For me It is dealing with customers who can not pay on time. See picture attached, and once payment is collected this guy will be getting a notice reading how my company has elected no to retain him as a client.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8609904501_0159d77cc1_b.jpg

no more3.jpg

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

putting 3500 into equipment. lost an 800 dollar client because of it.

3. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I can see how that could present a problem what type of job was it?

4. birddseedd

was a mowing job

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Dog crap. $5 charge for everytime I have to clean your dogs waste off my mower. People will be notified which day I am coming. If I cant make it on that day then I cant charge but its rediculous how people cant just go clean upafter their pets. It seems all my accounts are like this, and Im tired of smelling it all day. Im outside cleaning up crap from my yard everyday when I get home from work, dont see why others cant do it aswell

6. birddseedd

That is something i just dont understand. iv never had a problem with this. yall talk about splattering it all over, getting it all over the mower. for one, how can it get anywhere on your mower other than the tires. once in a while ill see some on my tire, but after a row or two its gone again. and iv never splattered it anywhere. not even with full lift blades.

7. Eric's Lawnservice

Eric's Lawnservice LawnSite Member

Not sure about mowers, but I know a line trimmer will cover you with it if you accidentally hit a pile
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. birddseedd

i can see that, but what dog will poop within 1" of a wall?

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Well it gets on the tires and then it can get on the tires and can either rub and get on the caster yokes, or on the tank. Believe me, it happens and I have to smell it the whole time im on the mower

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I use a unique method . I tought my dog to crap in the woods.