1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are you not putting up with this year.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KG26, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Horizon Jay

Horizon Jay LawnSite Member

Lazy employees, Late Employees, Whiny Employees & Late Pay Customers. I am tired of all of em!
  2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Think I can offer a program where customers pay me to teach their dogs this technique? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I jsut water my grass and it goes away.
  4. birddseedd

maybe its a problem only for riders?
  5. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Deffintly late paying customers. Had a snow customer that wanted to be the first done and was always last to pay by a long shot. Last storm I did my customers in the order they paid me (all are very close). When I got to hers last she had a fit until I stated what I did. Needless to say she went inside wrote me a check and asked if she could be first again next time.
  6. birddseedd

haha. awsome. i love that. although id be scared of comming off as a jerk. but it worked out for you and i think its halarious.
  7. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

That is pretty funny. Its a shame sometimes you have to hold up a mirror and show people their own reflection.
  8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing I probably wont do once the season is wide open is one time jobs for non regular customers, Im actually overbooked once the seson starts.

Other than that Ill just deal with all the usual "chit" even the dog stuff.
  9. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Yea i was a little nervous that she would drop me, but it was the end of the year she is not one of my mowing customers and i was fed up with her calling me starting at 4 am when she doesn't leave for work until seven. I had never not had her drive open by 630 and i have commercial accounts that i did right up until then. I had tried reasoning with her that every time she calls me she is only slowing me down and finally after her still owing me for three pushes i decided to act instead of complain. It turned out good in this case but i don't plan on making a habit of it.
  10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

No late paying customers, and no negative attitudes while working. =D