1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are you not putting up with this year.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KG26, Apr 1, 2013.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

A momma's boy.
  2. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

If i mow for friends I don't really give them a deal. I tend to give them a deal on the landscape type stuff though. Which is always a mistake.

YardBros Outdoors
  3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing wrong with that. My mom calls me over occasionally to help with the yard. My step dad always insists on paying me though, but I'd do it for free. Gotta take care of our moms!
  4. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

my why is mine keeps wanting to pass for work I try not to let her pay because I know I won't be able get to it although this year since I'm gonna have plenty of time .
  5. oznort

oznort LawnSite Member

I will not be playing catch-up on neglected yards. Every year I have a handful of people stop and ask me to mow their lawn that is 2 feet tall because they finally got cited by the city. It isn't worth the time and wear-and-tear on the equipment.
  6. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

That's why you charge 175 to 200 dollars for $25 lawn thats two foot tall
  7. This is so true. I had a few of these a few years back and I dropped them bc I wasn't going to listen to the complaints each week about minute stuff. That and they were underbid(which was my fault). All of my customers now appreciate me and the work I do. Those are the people I want to keep and keep getting more of.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. I just have no patience for BS and stupid complaints.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

^^^ this, and non customers asking for services at a discount. Just because you live on the same road as me does not mean you get a discount :nono:
  10. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna stop doing stuff for a profit and give away my services and try to not make enough money to meet poverty level and then get the gubm't to pay for everything! :hammerhead: