What are you paying for Gas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jpp, Jul 12, 2005.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, since the tropical weather has begun down south gas prices and oil prices are doing the bouncy ball thing.Well at least that is what I am blaming it on. We at 2.39 a gallon here how about all of you.

JP

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

2.49 in Harrison, Mi.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

2.39 in some places a little cheaper.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

saw it at 2.50 today

5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Too GD much!!!! $2.45 as of Sunday. I have been scared to look at the signs since, but I'm going to have to stop for fuel either today or tomorrow for mowing on tomorrow.

6. shepherdlawncare

shepherdlawncare LawnSite Member

I just paid 95.5 cents a Litre today! Do the math on that. 3.5 Liters in a US Gallon, that puts it at $3.34 per US Gallon. Then add the exchange at $1.20 and that brings it to a WHOPPING $4.01 PER GALLON.

7. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

We got it here around 2.18 some places others are 2.23 others are 2.27 to 2.29

Diesel yesterday was 2.39 today I say it 4 diffentent places 2.45 2.49 2.53 2.59

This is getting crazy. by the looks of it it will be 4.00 by the end of next year

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

2.40 something or another. Cost me over 80 bucks today to fill up. we need more refineres!!!!!! or we need to start stealing it or getting a black market for gas. or even organized crime who get it. anything. if its killin the small guys like me, I cant even imagine the big dogs.

9. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

Last week I saw diesel at 2.54 at on place 15 miles down the road at a truck stop it was 2.09 I got it at the truck stop. Gas was 2.19

Figure that out.

These gas companies are rebuilding stations in our area. and building completly new ones on every block. They say that gas is in short supply it BS they are just linning their pockets and I am tried of this Bush presidency It been H E double hockey sticks he the one that needs empeached.

The way to stop this crap it to go over and level IRAQ and IRAN and fix this problem.

10. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

$2.19 for 87 oct, this was at the local QT which is usually the cheapest around here. looking at some of you in other parts i feel pretty good.

i think it will drop...eventually....back in May i was thinking it may get back down around 1.65 - 1.75, now....i'm thinking 1.80 - 1.90....i'm at least hoping. :dizzy: