What are you paying for Gas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jpp, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Diesel is still way up there at $3.55+ per gallon. I think it is time for some big company to mass produce clean running Bio diesel. The price of this Diesel is really putting a drag on the economy. What we need is Kentucky fried chicken Diesel. Put the pumps at the end of the drive through. Make use of all that grease. :drinkup:

2. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

3. TJW_692

TJW_692 LawnSite Member

That's some good info there. I think a famous person did live in Poughkeepsie area or around. You may have heard of Vanderbilt Mansion. FDR's house and estate is still standing and there. I actually do some work at a very old apt building that was known to be his office area before it was turned into housing. Rick Okasek from the cars lives in I beliee millbrook about 10 minutes away from PK.
    And this is a funny one but it was heard that Michael Jackson had a huge place on a road right near me right around he border of Poughkeepsie and pleasant valley. I have been to he driveway but not up it. Cameras are seen in the rock walls at the beginning of the driveway. Cannot see the house its way way back there. I was always so tempted to go up it ha
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

Check it out on Google Earth.

5. TJW_692

TJW_692 LawnSite Member

A few times i have but i wanna see it in person. It' a pretty good chunk of land and a nice big pool in the back. Who owns it and lives there now i don't know. Maybe a family member.

Saw somewhere today for $3.73! Dropping verrrry slowly. But it's dropping. All i care about.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Gas went under $3 here today and diseal was only 46cents higher.

7. nottus

nottus LawnSite Member

In Al. this gas is $3.29 .. ONLY type to use, Car, Truck, Mower Etc.*trucewhiteflag*

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Many trucking companies moving to cheaper alternative like natural gas. Local little guys going propane.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

gas here is $3.85... Diesel is $4.00 plus

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I read where UPS has already converted many of their trucks to NG. Large Fleets can recover their conversion cost in 2 or 3 years