What are you paying for Gas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jpp, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

After the deal with Iran, the price of oil per barrel dropped drastically, but we have seen in the past that other factors control the price of gas ie refineries, holidays etc. Anytime they think demand will go up. :hammerhead:

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

They were claiming since we (in Florida) don't have a pipeline, we have to rely on transport ships to bring refined product to the state. And since it requires a ship under US flag and US crew working on it, there's a shortage. Claim it's cheaper to ship to Africa from the US than from Gulf Coast to Gulf Coast. Yeah, all of a sudden this is a problem :rolleyes:

Now to get the rest of the southeast in on the game, since Colonial pipeline services most of it, they claim refinery problem. Face it. Someone gets poked in the butt every year. Sometimes it's west coast. Sometimes it's the northeast. Sometimes the midwest. This time it's the south with a bulls eye on Florida.

3. grassclippers

grassclippers LawnSite Member

Fuel prices are dropping here,just as we are putting the equipment away for the season!

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Saw one station at 3.79 today. Others are at 3.69

5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Is that gas or diesel?? I filled the truck yesterday with diesel and it is $3.65/gal.

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

It was for Gas.

7. klcm808

klcm808 LawnSite Member

$4.49 reg unleaded right now. Kauai, Hawaii. fluctuates between 4.39 to 4.79. i cant remember the last time its been under $4. highest its ever been is just over $5.

8. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

I wish it was that here. Sunday it was 3.69 and then we got snow and it 4 a gallon for diesel
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

This is bull its up to $3.60 in se Mich I know it will be $4.20 by June, or July.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe its $4.75 in NY state so I like to cross the border to fill up when I can, but here in Canada its up to $1.32 per litre, which works out to $4.99 per gallon, for regular gas. Deisel was $1.40 per litre which is $5.29 per gallon.