What are you paying for Gas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jpp, Mar 1, 2006.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Mike, just ran up to Giant Eagle, and for giggles I drove past the Speedway at 5th and Northstar it dropped from 2.65 to 2.55. I don't get it, 8:30 it is 2.29, 12:30 it is 2.65, 6pm it is 2.55.

Maybe I will get lucky and have to drop some salt tonight to get some gas money.:waving:

JP

2. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

JPP,I hear you this is getting old now! You get in a hurry in the morning and don't want to stop and when you have a chance to its up 30 cents. I was in Sunoco the other day and the guy said they raised it twice that day because the district manger said $2.29 was to low so they raise to $2.39 then to $2.49. It really makes no sense I wonder who is really setting the prices, now if this is not price gouging I do not know what is.

3. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

its 2.39 here in north missouri for 87 octane

4. down size

down size LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Today is $2.65 for 87

5. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

In Vermont $2.29 For 87

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know I refuse to look..it hurts too bad!No use in adding any additional stress to my life by paying attention to a price on something that I have to have and have to pay for no matter what to run my biz.

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

its only gonna get worse they say it will back up to $3 a gallon by may . thank :usflag: :hammerhead:

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Two weeks ago it was 1.98 here. Today it is 2.49! Friday it jumped 20 cents a friggin gallon! Greedy SOB oil companies! They got us and not a thing we can do about it, we are at their mercy and they know it:realmad: I wonder what their excuse it, oh wait, there MIGHT be a hurricane this year, something MIGHT go wrong in the middle east,etc.

9. FairwayLandscape

FairwayLandscape LawnSite Member
    from LI

10. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

My buddy works for DTE he says they are talking gas possibly over 3.50 a gallon here in MI