1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are you paying for Gas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jpp, Mar 1, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I paid 0.25 cents a gallon for Premium Gas

Back in 1973 .........and hey that was under President Nixon that the Bush haters also hate...... :laugh:
  2. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

Prices going up here in Central PA
    I just paid 2.57 for reg gas and 2.77 for diesel!
  3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

why in the heck would anyone drill in alaska for oil, there isn't that much there anyway. Alaska is one of the few places on earth left that is not so polluted, the animals and natural wildlife can actualy live in peace in Alaska. I love my jeep, but as soon as E85 becomes avaliable here, adios jeep. I really hope the american car compainies get some sense,when they do, we won't be paying for gas at all, just cheap pollutant free hydrogen.
  4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.....I'm paying about $1.50 for two burrito's at Taco Time, and I have enough gas for an army all week long....

The weather here in snow country is warming up, and I am feeling the spring fever!!!
  6. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

I paid $2.49 for regular today.
  7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Mike,

Get this it is up to 2.75 on W. 5th at Speedway. :waving:
  8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Ya, $2.78 here:dizzy:
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Went from 2.49 to 2.61 here last night.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Hydrogen, coal, electric cars...etc, etc...

Coal is plentiful, they say... Yeah, until you need 80 million barrels / day.

Electricity ... I hope they plan on building hydroelectric and nuclear power plants everywhere. Most electric plants are driven by, you guessed it: Petrol. So, the electricity produced to power these cars comes, once again, from where? Yeah...

Ethanol, same as coal, plenty of it until you need 80 million barrels / day. And what do the machines burn that are used to harvest this ethanol? Well, it ain't cow farts.

Hydrogen is a total joke. It takes about as much energy to extract the hydrogen than the energy the gas produces. And guess how the energy that extracts hydrogen is created? Correct, by burning fossil fuel.

Last but not least, a car needs a certain amount of power to propel itself. A 2000-pound auto will not move at a point, so you have to give it something, and what is there that we have enough of to dish out the soon-to-be-needed 100+ million barrels / day, or that doesn't take energy to produce? The simple answer is nothing, they will pump petrol until we run out.

Actually, we'll never run out... It will just get so expensive that nobody can afford it, but look at traffic any given day: People complain about the price of fuel, but do they curb their driving habits? NO, the roads are jam packed full of cars, some lady the other day complaining how her SUV took $75 / week, I'm sitting here thinking my D-250 with all my equipment runs on only slightly more than that, so what does this say? Not until fuel takes a 50-cent+ hike in a few days does it calm down, I almost welcome 4 dollars a gallon just so I got some ROOM when I actually get to go out.

Until you leave your car in the driveway 5 out of 7 days a week, I don't even want to hear it.