What are you paying for online payment funtions on websites

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by GreenthumbGA, Apr 2, 2006.

1. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

I am about to establish a web site with the pay online feature, just curios about what others are doing, pros and cons and how much you are paying.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Mine's not set up this way, but as a general rule you will pay depending on your volume of transactions, anywhere from 2-3 all the way to 10 percent per transaction and ohhh... The less transactions you have, the more you pay per each, so only places like Walmart get the 2-3 percent / transaction fee, most small businesses settle for what we can get thou shopping around does pay off, I'd say you can find someplace decent charge you 5-7 maybe 8 percent / transaction... There may even be a place charges a flat dollar fee but whether this is any better I could not tell you, some others charge a flat monthly fee but it's per plan and each plan has x amount of transactions included and if you go over, they bill you more or whatever.

3. thomcat88

thomcat88 LawnSite Member

Sign up with PayPal.com it is FREE to sign up. They take a small % of what each charge is BUT you can accept ALL types of credit cards : Visa, MC, Discover, AMX and electronic checks.......

Example: $36.00 charge on a credit card, PayPay takes 1.36. On $100.00 they will take $2.88....... it is a small price to pay to make it easy on the customer and you (their buy buttons are very easy to set up too). I use both regular credit card account and have been using PayPal for over 5 years and never have had any problems.

My credit card service takes 2.33 % on each transaction PLUS .30 cents for each transaction PLUS if you don't make the quota each month 29.95 service charge......I'm about to drop them and only use PayPal.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

paypal can be a great asset but if you have recurring monthly charge card customers (many like myself use them for flyer miles etc only) it would pay to set up thru intuit and get a terminal or do them online thru quickbooks. Seems much more proffesional to me. I am in the process of getting a cellular credit card terminal that I can swipe right in my truck.

Yes there will be some fees but its a sell point. Some customers dont have the cash right now but are willing to put it on a charge card. Depending on your customer base it will make up the fees easily. Not to mention its another much needed tax deduction.

For reccuring customers credit cards or debit cards can help you control when you get payments plus eliminate mailing a bill and taking a check to the bank. The fees are a tradeoff.