What are you paying for your insurance?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by i8uwithalime, Feb 25, 2011.

1. slicknick

slicknick LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

251 for 1 million liability and 20k equipment! for a year! cheap i know

2. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

just remember that price correlates with value. You wont think its such a "deal" when you have to make a claim

3. slicknick

from Ohio

What do you mean? 1 Million liability is the standard and 20k equipment is actually a little more than my equipment is worth. I'm a solo op, thats why its so low.

4. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Who do you have?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. slicknick

from Ohio

State Farm

6. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. State farm for 1 mil/20k huh? That's not bad. I'm going to have to check into state farm and see if its that cheap in my area. If it is I'm going with them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. slicknick

from Ohio

I'd definitely check it out. I don't know how it works but they told me since I was solo, and had no employees, that its cheaper than usual. When I went to the office, they gave me a quick quote based on other companies with 1 mil and 30k and they were paying 659, and they told me expect the 500-600 range. Well when I got the official quote in the mail Wednesday, it was 251, so I went in there yesterday and locked it up.

8. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

I have everything statefarm except my business is with American Family. Statefarm wasnt close, im at $400/year with amfam with $2mil general liab and around $10k equipment
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

Slicknick. Im sorry i didnt first ask which company your with. State farm is the biggest and best insurance company out there but they usually arent the cheapest so ur getting a killer deal. My grandpa dad and brother are all agents.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

We are $70 a month, thats too much by the looks of some of your prices i gotta shop around.