what are you running

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Jul 5, 2007.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

what are you using for a fert a squirt rig ?what would you change? got any pictures?:usflag:
  2. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

We have 4 trucks.
    Newst truck is an F350 Superduty with 2 325gal poly tanks, 9 hp Honda w/ a Hypro cent. pump. Great flexibility with 2 tanks, and it's also a nurse truck for the booms. It has a quick-connect off the pump and will fill up a boom sprayer in about 2 minutes.
    Next is a Mitsubishi FE-SP with a Raven 600 gal fiberglass tank w/ mech agitation and a 200 gal poly tank with hydraulic agit. Honda 5.5 with a Bean 10/10 pump. Great truck, only thing I would change is the bed length... it's 16' long and a 14' would be easier to drive.
    We have an old (95) Chemlawn Rhino. Enclosed truck, 300 and 100 gal tanks, D25 PTO pump. Nice for residential, it's a rolling billboard. Sucks for commercial, you have to keep opening and closing the doors everytime you move the truck. I had a driver rip one of them off at a job in Wilmington.
    Last one is my truck. A 1989 GMC 3500 4WD flatbed with 2 spray rigs. Bought it in 99 from an outfit in New York (LawnMasters) that sold to TruGreed. Had 50K miles on it, still in very good shape. Has a 300 gal single tank I use for tree/shrub, and a 300 split 150/150 for lawn, veg control, whatever. I think it's the only 4wd spray rig in DE.
    We also have 2 boom sprayers. One drivable, one tow behind with a Polaris 800EFI Sportsman to tow it with. I use that one for pastures and trail spraying. Sorry, no pics at this time.
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

8 2500HD pickups (GMC & Chevy) w/Tuflex 300 gal split tanks (200/100) w/Hypro D-30's, 5.5 Honda motors. 850 gal split tank "tanker (stainless steel) w/D-25 hydracell pump. Two Permagreen Ultra's. One LESCO Ztwo sprayer-spreader. Two John Deere 445's w/Spyker electric spreaders w3-point hitches. Plus more - including tree/shrub high pressure spray rigs.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Chevy 3500. 400 gal poly tank. Hypro D232 pump. Briggs 6 hp motor.

Starter rope hangs on pulley on left side of reel. Button for reel on wire on the right. Barely visible, kill switch conveniently attached to return hose.

5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow Rig. That's a lot of weight to carry around in that truck. Fully loaded, you be carrying 2 tons of weight in the bed of your truck. :eek:
  6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Pallet loads right in the side door at Lesco each day. Everything fits in the trailer: Z-spray, Lesco spreader, spill kit, a 20 gallon fuel cell. The sprayer is a nurse tank and hort sprayer. Behind the sprayer are 2 backpacks; roundup and weed control. The mixing station is my tailgate.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Nice Set Up

Tremor suggested your type of set up 5 years ago. You are ahead of your time with this set up. Sarasota county Florida just passed a County Law yesterday banning quick release Fertilizer in their county on Residential property. Agriculture is not effected. The State of Florida is now working on a similar Law. Other states will follow. But the days of the big Lawn Spray truck are numbered.

I think we all know Granular pesticide has a longer residual than liquid. But Liquid has quicker response time or faster knock down. The same with Liquid & Granular Fert. The more soluble a chemical is the more change it has of polluting our water. If our business is to survive we must change with the times.

BTW I am running a Cab Over with three hose reels pumps and tanks. I do use Granular fert but I also use a little liquid fert. I know I am behind times.
  8. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a really nice set-up you have there Mike. Does pulling that railer ever get to be a pain? I've thought about getting a trailer when I get a Z-Spray since you can't carry on on a hitch-platform.
  9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

There is a very nice reese hitch setup for the Z-Spray.

Go on LT Rich site and look under the Z-Max and you will see a pic of it.

It has wheels as the one I use for my PG doesn't and it bounces alot on the back roads. Thought about getting one but don't want to spend the $ since I already have one that works.

Reese hitch platforms are great when backing in tight areas!
  10. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never considered it a pain. It's really easy to pull and maneuver. Thanks for the praise. :)