what are you solo opps, grossing a year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contourbs, Jun 28, 2005.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

this is my first full year. and just wondering whats a good amount to gross my first year in florida?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Minus $100 it seems some days. haha.

For the first full time season if you do between $30k-$50k you are probably doing a good job at getting and keeping customers.

3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in Tampa and for June I will end up grossing just over $7200!!! This is my first full year also. I have been turning people away left and right cause I am booked solid. I am to the point of looking for help cause I am so busy, that should be fun....

4. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

how many accounts do you have ,and are they all monthly or by the cut

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea somtimes it does seem like minus $100

6. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

7200 for June not bad, im just south of you in fort myers, im at 7700. most are monthly but also do alot of property management work. im at 25,300 for the year.

7. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

some days seem like 30 bucks next day 1,000 just never know really some jobs are good some are bad! may was a good month Myself and a helper part time did 18,000. lots of mulch and install

8. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

If you are Solo, you must be working nearly every day of the month to draw 7200 or better. That also means you need to be careful. You'll get burned out quicker than a goat will eat an empty aluminum can when you aren't looking. Something else; when you work that much you become less aware of what's going on around you becuase you are tired. That leads to accidents happening.

I draw $4200 contracted dollars per month on a 35 hour work week. I say contracted dollars because I think some people get into this business when the money's good (summer). Winter comes, money's not good because they didn't think about it, and they get out.

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I gross about $18k / month for 6 months with the lawn care here in MN.

That's basically working every day, 10-17 hour days.

I work 6 months straight with around 10-15 days off, then the other 6 months of the year I work 10-15 days when it snows.

End up grossing around $130k / year.

10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I've been part time for several years now. This year I have 36 weekly accounts, done several mulch jobs, two new lawn installs, and fert. As of today I have grossed nearly 26K. Oh, add in snow plowing from Jan. 1 as well.

Brian