1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are your favorite mower tires? (Front and rear)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Feb 12, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Found a particularly good tire that works good for you? :confused:

For the front, do you prefer ribbed or smooth? (WOW that sounded wrong) :rolleyes:
  2. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I use different style tires on different mower they just have to be carlisle tires
  3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

4-ply Carlisle tires. They don't cost much more, but hold up better over the long run.:usflag:
  4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Carlisle AT 101's
  5. tb8100

from TX

anyone ever used HD Field Trax on the rear?
  6. tb8100

from TX

This to me looks a bit more turf friendly than the Dixie Turf Boss tires, but I've never compared the two. This is the tire JD puts on the Gators.
  7. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

i like the turf master over the turf savers. i dont think the turf savers have enough traction. i always slide and end up tearing up more turf than i save:confused:
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Carlisle Turf masters for me to. I've ran them on a lot of mowers over the years, Dixons mostly. Amazing the traction difference between them and some other brand, if I had to run a loaner or something.

Actually thinking about replacing the tires on my Grasshopper with a set of them. The ones that are on it are far from wore out, but they are NOT turf friendly for some reason!? (they aren't the chevron style either, can't think of the brand that's on there now...)
  9. tb8100

from TX

Yeah the Turf Masters are what Bad Boy has on all of their models. They have an optional chevron tire, which doesn't look turf friendly at all. I was thinking that Field Trax model would be much easier on turf.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

For regular turf tires, I too prefer the Turf Masters.
    Don't like Turf Savers or Multi-Trac CS.

I've wanted to try the AT101 chevron and the HD fieldtrax or All-Trail, AND t urf Tamers.
    I think All-Trail was the option for mine... as neither come in many mower sizes.
    They are for UTES like the Gator I had.