1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are your goals for 2007?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by seolatlanta, Dec 22, 2006.

1. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

Now that 2006 is winding down I am thinking about 2007.

I have 2 major goals for 07:

1.Have 2 crews by the end of the year - 2 guys out in 1 truck doing installs and 1 swing guy out doing maintanance who will obviously help on larger installs.

2.Work on networking myself and my company better than ever before.Take some risks and get out of my comfort zone to meet new people who can use my services.

Lets hear it from you.

new member,
  2. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

Our goal is cross train our crews to be able to utilize them between service and installs more often. With the costs of materials and employee taxes and insurance rising we need to be able to be more efficient with the people we have in place and hit our sales goals.

Also for the new year, service crew leaders will learn more about upselling and educating the customer on new technology to the customer.

Upsell More Landscape Lighting: landscape Lighting contracts saved our sales at the end of this year and kept us going up to a week ago.

And finally! Continue to set ourselves apart from the competition!
  3. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

two exceptional goals. Keep us posted how they are working out. One of our goals is to work more on our existing customers. Jobs are getting old, style and technology continue to change so several might need/want updating/modernazation. Christmas lighting is another goal for us next year. Developing market/making population aware.
  4. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

We are going to streamline our installations. Right now we are taking way too much time per install and my labor cost is outrageous. We are incorporating in January as well and start tracking our expenses more.
  5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

my realistic goal for 07 is 50 lighting installs with the average job being at LEAST 6k

Im kinda split if I want to grow the landscaping co or just focus on the lighting.

Mainsteaming as paul stated is very important and will also be an on going goal for the life of our company as it grows.
  6. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope I can get out fliers.. Stop fishing so much so I can work more. :)
  7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

hey sleepyhead maybe you should just get your captains lics and be a charter boat captain :)

I know what you mean about fishing. We got a 4 acre pond thats pretty productive on panfish and bass hitting 7 plus pounds. That and having a nice boat and being so close to the coast doesnt help my fishing problem either.
  8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have been tossing around the idea of getting smaller. I may drop our furthest accounts, which is about 15 clients. Try to work a 4-4.5 day week.
  9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Kinda the same thing, selling off our "Monday" route completely! and starting from scratch for that day. They are good accounts but way the F*@# on the other side of town. The name of the game for us in 2007 is EFFICIENCY! The same guys are returning for 2007 (thats a very good thing!!!!!!) so I think we will be flying all summer.
  10. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that is not the bad part... I'm 4hrs away from the beach and that is where you can find me when the BIG fesh show up off the beach..

But I just went to the tax dept last week to find out what I need to do to get a list of homes that are over 225k. They do this and bring $25.00 and it is all yours. So that is what my short time goal. Get all that mailed out ASAP.