1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are your landscaping quotes based on?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GetContractors, Dec 17, 2012.

1. GetContractors

GetContractors LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Curious, how do you give out your estimates? Do you have a basic formula for creating each estimate, or is it truly a unique case-by-case thing?
  2. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I created a cost per hour and determine a production rate that would apply to the subject property.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i think it depends on how big the job is. i'm solo so i'll never take on a huge job that needs all these formulas and such. i just take it job to job and it's easy to figure out for me. if you are a big company doing a huge job paying other employees and such then yeah some big formula and all is needed i guess. that's another reason i stay solo. i don't get the big jobs but i don't care. i like to keep things simple and easy.
  4. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Know how long it takes you and your crew to plant a tree, bush, and perennial, How long it takes to install a yard of mulch, rock and soil. Drive time, cleanup, drivetime gettin materials. After you know how long it takes multiply by current MH rate, around $50 for us. MU materials, and calculate expenses.

Way more to know but thats a start